goodbye to the weekend

We're ending much cooler than we started. The wind came up late this afternoon and blew big clouds of dirt and plastic bags around town and blew some cold temperatures into town.

Regis saw a hummingbird this evening! I said tell him to go...it's going to get cold! I shouldn't have to worry about wildlife.

We watched the Vikings game. Actually, I was in the other room but I heard it. And now I saw the replay. This is one of the things that confuses me about sports. Is this the real thing in real time or the thing from the past replayed? I wondered who got credit for the 32 yard touchdown...the guy what threw it or the guy what caught it. Regis says the thrower but man, the other guy was at a dead run a long ways away with his arms in the air. I bet he can't believe he caught that ball.

Hey, the salsa verde turned out to be very tasty. In my usual fashion, I have a boat load of it so if you'd like to try it, let me know and I'll deliver some. Peter won't eat it...he says it looks like baby food and it is a shade of green but the flavors are great. A little sweet from the tomatillos, spicy hot from the jalapenos, and tart from the lime. The pumpkin cake got good reviews, too, but the pork butt...mmmmmm. I got a text message from Paul who said he could smell it across town. I think he was kidding.

Here's an observation on how linear my mind is. Regis likes to channel cruise and doesn't mind dropping in on something 45 minutes after it started. It's like opening a book to the middle and starting there. How do you know what is going on? I'm willing to admit that some people might be able to get a story like this but I'm not one of them. I don't even like books that alternate chapters. Maybe it's a sign of dim-wittedness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff