made it through a long day

I started the day at the pulse...5 a.m. It's dark at 5 a.m., let me tell you. I was a little out of shape after my five day hiatus but not too bad. Crappy balance. Not sure if that's the dry spell or the deep sleep.

Regis had a dream last night that the zombies got me. I lost my check card so we couldn't leave town to escape them and he was mad. He knows a lot about zombies...way more than I do. For example, zombies can't open doors because they don't have fine motor skills. And when a zombie kills you, you get up and start looking for flesh, too. Anyway, I got out of the car because I panicked and the zombies got me. He was very distressed at my loss to the zombies but he left anyway. Watching me lurch down the road from the readview mirror. I said Regis has a better imagination when he's sound asleep than most people have when they're awake. Maybe he should forsake a career in technology and try to sell short stories. It worked for O. Henry.

I ended the day at River's Edge. What a nice place. I think I'm going to start hanging around there. They have bistro tables and chairs out in the lobby area now, near the grand piano. If they only served wine. I suppose they would say that is sort of contrary to their health care mission, although I don't know why.

I graduated from acupuncture today. I haven't had any real pain for a week so I'm on my own. I told Dr. Mahoney I would recommend him to my friends. There you go.

We started the school day with a burned out fluorescent light ballast (whatever that is), a shower of sparks, and a sulphur smell that filled the ducts through the building. I hope that isn't an ominous sign of things to come. Zombie attacks, maybe.

I'd like to sleep in tomorrow and go to the pulse when Regis goes to night class but I know myself too well. I better go in the morning.

Comments

Jill said…
I enjoyed the tour of your yard a few posts down the page, and I now will think about those hummingbirds on their long flight, not to mention imagining sitting in the River's Edge lounge with a glass of wine, surrounded by sophisticated laughter.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff