Ella's Birthday and Happy New Year!


We took Ella to Patrick's for lunch yesterday as a pre-birthday celebration. We had princess napkins, she ordered a Cha Cha basket and pink lemondade, and she opened her birthday presents. The favorite seemed to be a character doll from High School Musical who came with a microphone. Ella exclaimed, "How did you know I loved this?" Oh, to be four years old.

We went to Tom & Betty's last night for a wonderful dinner of prime rib roast, baked potatoes, popovers, and cheesecake. We watched a few episodes of Twilight Zone and the documentary Two Fat Ladies, One Large Life. It was a lovely way to end the year and the decade. Two Fat Ladies is a cooking series from BBC and it is a real damn hoot. The documentary is about the life of one of Jennifer Paterson and it's hilarious as she was quite a character. If you like cooking shows, it's worth a look.



We don't have much going on today. I'm going to put ribs and kraut in the crock pot and we're going to another birthday party at 3:00 just down the street. I feel like I have the dreaded cold coming on so I'm doing what I can to activate my endorphins.

I hear Regis rummaging around in the other room. He has better sleeping habits than I do on most days although neither of us sleep very well anymore. We both go to sleep quickly most nights but I wake up at ungodly early. Regis can usually sleep until 7 o'clock which we consider sleeping in. I'd love to sleep like I was 16 again.

I still have the detritus of Christmas to deal with in my house. The huge round table that I thought I had to have is propped against the bookshelf. It's 60 inches in diameter which I didn't picture as being five feet. It's my math disability, I guess. It was handy to have on Christmas Eve but what will I do with it the rest of the year?

I'm not making any resolutions this year and I'm not sure I made any last year. I started exercising on December 28th in 2007 and continued through 2008 but I didn't make a resolution...I just did it. Resolutions seem to be too easy to forget. Oh wait...a resolution...I won't complain and I will try to be nicer.

That's enough rambling for today. Looking forward to 2010.


Comments

Jill said…
Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff