the week's gone in a snap

We had a busy week and I believe I predicted it. Parent/teacher conferences on Monday, safe driving for old people on Tuesday, haircut in Mankato on Wednesday, burgers at the Legion on Thursday. Tonight I came home from school and finally took the decorations off the Christmas tree. Regis cooked a beef roast in the crock pot with carrots, onions, mushrooms, and potatoes. I fiddled around picking things up and sorting and organizing and now I'm watching the comedy channel.

Tiffany and I are headed to Canby (with Elliot) tomorrow to see my mom. Regis has decided (I think) that the burden of school work is too much and he better stay here and get a head start on his homework. Community College is not all silver saddles and Sunday parades. He has tough classes this semester and they've started out like runaway trains.

There is a significant snow event predicted for next weekend. What the hell. I can't believe that they can predict weather that far in advance because pretty much on a day to day basis they suck.

Somebody pulled in our driveway a while ago, hung around for a while, then left. It made Regis nervous but not me so much. It's the eastern thing. Everybody's a bad guy.

I'm going to have a relaxing weekend. No workout in the morning. Just coffee and pajamas and a slow-moving start.

Comments

Jill said…
I was beginning to worry that you'd been accepted into the witness protection program, not hearing from you since Wednesday via email or blog. I don't check Facebook too much, so if you've been connecting with the world that way, I've missed it. Enjoy your time in Canby with your mom, Tiffany, and Elliot. What am I saying? You're probably back home by now.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff