lists

I've always been a list maker and have passed that on to Tiffany. When she started school this semester, I gave her a small notebook which is what I use at home and at school. I keep a running list of things to do. Not big projects like "paint the bathroom" but things like call the dentist and those kinds of details that I tend to forget. And so, I was excited to hear this author on the Daily Show last week...

I started reading a book called The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande. He's a surgeon and he talks about an idea for using checklists in ICUs to decrease incidents of central line infection (he explains this very well and the results are dramatic) can be used in many other fields. It might sound like my past obsession with the book Oranges (John McPhee) but it's really very good. I like non-fiction a lot when it isn't about disasters and disease and zombies.

I copied the weather forecast from the National Weather Service at the bottom of this post. I couldn't get the test to revert back so I had to do it this way. It's been a long winter. Harder on some folks than others, I know. Regis talked to a friend of his from his old job. More lay-offs there and people are constantly looking over their shoulders for fear of being laid off. His friend and wife have worked there almost 30 years and are both suffering. I read in the paper yesterday that 100,000 people in Minnesota are uninsured now. That's pitiful.

So, read the weather forecast and weep.

The National Weather Serviced has this to say: A LONG PERIOD OF LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL IMPACT THE AREA FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. THIS LONG DURATION OF SNOW HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE SNOWFALL TOTALS IN EXCESS OF 10 INCHES OVER THE TWO DAY PERIOD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff