st. patty's day and you can decorate with whiskey

#1 sign of spring. Here's a pile of my winter clothes ready to go into storage. Regis says he loves this about Minnesota that we don't wait for warm days and the official start of spring, we just get out the stuff and act as if it's here. Velour and faux now leopard are just not done after March 1st with that as your philosophy. I hung the down coat in the closet and had Peter carry all the winter sweaters to the basement. The long underwear are gone for the year.

 
#2 sign of spring. Regis went out to pick up dog poop in the back yard. He always takes a box and I thought there was some great irony in his choosing of this box. Read the label at the top.

                                       
Even Kramer has been seeking the sun. He sits by the back patio door all afternoon and waits to go outside. He gets cold when he's out very long but as soon as he comes in, he wants to go out again.

  
#3 sign of spring. Anyone who has a dog knows what this mess is all about. I swear, it doesn't matter how diligent you are about cleaning up after your dog, there is always an ugly mess in the end.

  
#4 sign of spring. I like to have Guinness in March. I cook with it and Regis likes it in a black and tan once in a while. Today, it went into stew and brownies.

                                           
#5 sign of spring. St. Patrick's Day is the only holiday when you can use whiskey as a home accent. I love holidays.
 
  
#6 sign of spring. Guinness lights on the tree. I think there might be something wrong with my camera...it's making the close-ups kind of fuzzy. It ain't your eyes, pal.

  
#7 sign of spring. The first black and tan of the season. We have a special spoon to pour the Guinness over to make the layers of beer. I'm not good enough to make the shamrock on the top. I'll have to practice that part.


  
 #8 sign of spring. Guinness stew with beef, parsnips, turnips, and carrots. I made dumplings as a concession to my sweet husband who hates those vegetables.

 
#9 sign of spring. Guinness black and tan brownies. I thought the texture was a little weird but Regis says they are great. There's a layer of light brownie with pecans on the bottom and a layer of dark brownie with Guinness on the top.

What a lovely weekend.

Comments

Jill said…
Wow, Teresa,it looks like you pulled out all the stops! How will you top this on St. Patrick's Day?
Anonymous said…
Looks to me like a lot of beer in your cooking.....
I am making chicken wings
in a frying pan. No gourmet for me. I did go for potato krub yesterday at a little country church. It was yum yum!!!
All my friends are gone so am lonely..

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff