this week


It was a rough week, sports fans. I had a bad case of the winter blues yesterday that required a glass of wine to subdue. Thank God for the grape. I think I said that earlier in the week, too.

We've been watching the Olympics. I love the human interest stories but I'm tired of the medal race. Isn't it enough competition that they race to the bottom of the hill? There was a funny column in the paper last Sunday about what (in the opinion of the writer) is or isn't a sport. I have some opinions about that myself.

I went on a rant one day at lunch (did I write about this before?) about the player for the Twins who is thinking about whether or not to accept a contract for, I think it was, twenty million dollars. That is obscene. Of course, the sports fans think I'm a lunatic and that might have something to do with my rants about the sports section of the newspaper. Never mind about that right now. But really, whatever his name is....twenty million dollars and you have to think about it?

I think I have been ranting a lot lately. My theory is that with the weight loss, my ornery molecules have been concentrated in my head and only find release in episodes of loud blathering. Yeah, that works.

Someone at school told me yesterday that they heard I was retiring. I said that would mean I had an anonymous benefactor who was providing for health insurance for Regis and me. I don't think it's gonna happen, Tim. So, anybody who is awaiting my drop from the perch is going to have to wait a little longer.

Speaking of health insurance, Keith Olberman has a powerful rant about that on the MSNBC website. I won't link to it here but it's worth a listen if you feel strongly about health care reform. Death panels, my ass.

I can't find my Crazy Heart CD and it's driving me insane. I have it on my computer and on my iPod but it's irritating when you lose things like that.

I just heard one of the announcers on the Olympics say this and I'm not making it up: If ifs and buts were candy and nuts. What the hell. She didn't finish it. What if they were? If wishes were horses...has an ending. Beggars would ride, of course. Good grief.

Tomorrow's Friday. Happy weekend! Take a nap in the sun if you can.

Comments

Jill said…
I'm with you on the $20 million decision.

How about"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all need a trip to the dentist." Not exactly inspired, but at least it doesn't leave the world hanging waiting for an ending.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff