the nuclear option

I grabbed that phrase from the Colbert Report but I have no idea what it means. I have a severe aversion to the news (always) and more so than usual so I only half listen. I know why it is: that crap gets in your head and goes around like a bumble bee leaving little tiny footprints of shit everywhere it lands.

I was at the Pulse this morning, walking on the treadmill, minding my own business, and all of a sudden realized everyone was gone. I didn't worry too much but I did wonder where they went. Then I saw shadows in the other room and realized they were all in there doing pilates. (How did I miss the exodus?) But...they went away and left the televisions on the news! I ignore it, but why would someone go away and leave the television blaring news about kidnapping and murder and robbery and war? Another poor soul decided to take charge and shut them both off and what a relief it was. Ah, well.

One week from tonight, there is a parade in town. People who are not fans say it's just a bunch of people walking down the street. Those are clans of people of Irish heritage and they're celebrating. There is a difference between that...and people walking down the street.

It looks like we'll make it through this miserable week after all. Ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff