sick

I have had a wicked rough week. I went to a special ed law conference on Tuesday and started to feel rough in the afternoon. I came home about 4:30 and went to bed. Same thing Wednesday. I stayed home today, took two naps, and still felt like hell when I woke up. I had a raging headache and a sore throat that didn't seem to be progressing into a cold. I drove myself to Urgent Care and TA DA...I have strep throat and now, a prescription for an antibiotic. The very kind doctor at the beautiful River's Edge Hospital said it will take one day to not be contagious and a couple days to feel better and I guess it will. Thank you for listening to my medical problems.

It's been a beautiful and sunny week. No complaints there. It would be nice if it were warm enough for lawn chairs but that's coming.

We're going to spend a productive evening watching John Stewart through 30 Rock. I am giving some thought to giving news in all its formats. I love John Stewart's humor but the Glen Beck clips are really hard to watch. How can a person be that damn stupid? And that tea party stuff is just so weird. Wingnuts and pitchfork wavers. Seriously, a  guy is better off not knowing about these folks.

I finished a book today but not wanting to disparage a Minnesota author, I won't mention the title. I was disappointed because I loved her first two books but this one had too many plot lines and too many characters. Even healthy, I don't think I could have kept track of all of that. I started Andre Agassi's book Open and so far, it's good. I bet I read the best part in the People magazine, though. I was more interested in his drug abuse days than his days as a nine-year old tennis player in LasVegas.

I won't be going to work tomorrow because the rules for strep are 24-48 hours after the start of an antibiotic. I'm getting sick and tired of being sick and tired and I can't wait to feel better.

Comments

mom said…
Sorry you have been sick, Teresa. I just got home from Silleruds. She had a wonderful dinner (meatballs) , mashed taties, vegies, and cheese cake for dessert. I also had a glass of wine from the Black Box. It was all nummy. Hope you are better tomorrow. Mom

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff