runnin' through jello

I didn't sleep well last night. Had a busy day at work with lots of things on the list of things to do. They were all running through my mind all night like little ants. I woke up a lot and tossed and turned when I wasn't awake. The alarm went off at 4 and I slammed it off and rolled over to go back to sleep. All day, I felt muddy and bleary eyed.

We went down to Patrick's for a glass of wine because Regis had to do a project for school that had something to do with a firewall and pings and some green chart of the router. I think that's how it went anyway. That didn't take long so we came home, ate some enchilada casserole out of the freezer and watched a Crosby Stills and Nash concert from Netflix. What a night.

I could hardly keep my eyes open but managed somehow. CSN looked a little rough by the 1990s...mullets and beer bellies and really bad fashion. It was the 90s but really.

I know this is whining but my back and shoulders have been very sore since I had strep throat. I've been going to the chiropractor for muscle stimulation, manipulation, and other mysterious things. I felt much better today but I'm nervous about going back to my workouts. Monday I could hardly lift my arms to get dressed. That's a bit of a handicap.

My garden is a mess. The compulsive neighbors have cleaned everything up in their yards and that only makes mine look worse. Holy crap. The city isn't even picking up yard waste until mid-May, what is the bloomin' rush?

I read in the paper that the St. Cloud superintendent resigned. He's 49 years old and must have had experience. I don't know if there is more to the story but the paper said he was worn down by the politics in education. Sad. Our governor wants to put unlicensed people in classrooms to teach when you can't cut hair or give a manicure without a license. I've been ranting about this for days and I'm tired. I can understand the guy getting worn down by this silly shit. Really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff