sunday morning

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and decided to get up and start the day. It's 32 degrees outside this morning so I'm glad I brought in the blooms from the fern-leaf peony. I had some coffee and a piece of toast with peanut butter, then spent some time writing. If I could find a way to make money doing this.

I've been puttering around the kitchen since I got up. I have a couple big loaves of bread in the oven, a trifle chilling in the refrigerator, and the vegetables cut up for roasting. Regis has the rub on the ribs. I think we're set.

My favorite part of serving dinner is deciding on the serving dishes. I have all my big plates and platters piled up on the counter and I'll sort through them as the day goes on. I have a couple interesting dishes to use for the pico and the guacamole. I wish I had a big salad bowl. I see a shopping trip in my future. Just what I need...more dishes.

Too bad it's so dang cold out this morning. It would be nice to sit on the patio and smell the grill smoke. You'd have to wrap up in one of the snuggy things to survive out there today. Accuweather says it's 43 degrees right now which is winter weather. I have to work at the community center tomorrow and it's always cold in there. Better get out the winter clothes.

I seem to be done working for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff