waking up at the crack of dawn

For some reason, I have been waking up at the crack of dawn again. I'm talking 3:00 a.m. some days. It makes for a long day and I feel like I need a nap about 8. This is why people retire, I bet. I made coffee and I'm waiting to go to the Pulse. I'm glad, at least, that it's Friday.

We're going to the Red Sky Lounge tonight to see the Legendary Stardust Cowboy. I have to admit that our interest is, in part, the crowd. We want to know who the hell would go some place to listen to music like this. This dude invented the music genre called psychobilly. Hmmmm. Psychobilly. Well, you never know. You just never know. We figure it will be a happening and we like to be in on those.

I'm trying to reorganize my electronic life. I have too many devices and way too much paper and it is unmanageable. I'm investigating an iPad but I don't want that unless it can function as a phone, too. I don't figure I'm gaining much if I just have another thing to tote around. It would be helpful if my work computer and my home computer could be integrated but we apparently can't manage that in a technical way either.


I published this, then looked back and realized I had posted Peter's picture with the news about Regis and his dean's list. What the. Well, here is the picture anyway. It's a nice one.

Regis finished his semester at SCC and made the Dean's list again. I think they call it the Presdient's list there as they don't have deans. Or maybe they have deans but they don't keep the list. I don't know; it's early. That means, if he can cruise that linux (whatever that is) course in the fall, he'll get to wear a gold ribbon with his medallion at graduation. I like that. I'm already planning the celebration.

We have a busy weekend planned, beginning with tonight's festivities. I'll post about things as they transpire. One more five day week and then we're looking at the end of the school year. Hurray! Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff