sad saturday and is it summer yet?

I woke up at 4 this morning. I'm sad today. Our little dog is having trouble with his back legs and I have a feeling this won't end well. Regis is very sad and upset. Poor Kramer. We'll take him to the vet this morning to see what they say.

I'm also sad about some of the people in my life.

I cried twice this week. Maybe it's just end of the year fatigue. I don't think I work that hard that I should be fatigued from it but what the hell. Maybe as you get older it takes less to beat your ass.

I vacuumed my office yesterday and got the worst back and shoulder pain from it. The lesson is that I should avoid that kind of cleaning activity.

I haven't seen Elliot since Peter's graduation and I haven't seen Ella and Alex since Mother's Day. You'd think we lived in another state instead of across town.

The gnats have been so bad lately that we don't sit outside so much. I miss it. Maybe I have nature deprivation disorder.

I planted the moon flower yesterday. I bought it because I remember Grandma loving them. I don't recall that she had them vine up anything...they just grew across the ground. This thing was trying to escape the pot when I brought it home. I put it under a thing so it can grow up. We'll see how it goes.

I didn't plant any annual flowers this year except a few in pots, and was mostly attracted to herbs so we have a crop of basil and the usual suspects. I planted lavender in a pot by the door, and another rosemary plant. The one in the Howard pot looks a little rough. I think it was water deprived over the winter. I can't be trusted with houseplants.

I had a piece of peanut butter toast for breakfast. Ultimate comfort food.

I just realized I had forgotten to turn my calendar from May to June. It only took five days. Holy hell.


Yesterday was my dad's birthday. I think he is standing in front of the Stanley Hotel in this picture. In my memory there is a picket fence around a garden on the side. I have lots of pictures taken there but this is the only one where you can see the fence. There are lots of hollyhocks and zinnias.


Here's another one. Looks like a different fence, though. I think this one is taken by the hotel and the other one...not so sure. Boy, I look grumpy. What's up with that?

We're going to Luverne today for Rachel's graduation. On the road.

Comments

Jill said…
It's just the sun in your eyes, Teresa. You weren't grumpy. I think you should send the picture to Margaret Anderson Kelliher. She'd like your mom's collar.

Sorry Kramer is suffering, but sorry too that doggy prescriptions are so expensive.
Jill said…
I'm catching up on your other blog entries, too. I'm behind again.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff