hotter than blue blazes out there



I put on my running shoes and left the house at 6:15 this morning because I knew it was going to be hot. The temperature was already 72 and the dew point was 72 so it was a steamy one. It was a tough run and I might just as well as tied the Honda to my hind end as much mileage as I did. I was pitiful. Tomorrow I think I will hang around indoors to do my exercise.

Then I had to go to work. There's a big meeting tomorrow and I had updates on all my little jobs to prepare. My office was full of crap from other rooms that were being cleaned so it was difficult getting around and finding things especially my marbles. It took me five hours to do 45 minutes worth of work. Seriously. What the hell.

I stopped at the coop to buy some pine nuts. Fifty dollars later, I come out of the coop with three kinds of nuts, two kinds of cheese, and two packages of Andouille sausage. They don't always have it and we like it chopped up in stuffed peppers.

A helicopter just flew over the house. Such a creepy sound.

We watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. It was a good story but there was way too much graphic and sexual violence for my taste. Regis said it was almost too much for him. I tried the peeking through the fingers thing but eventually had to just give it up. I have this book on my Kindle but haven't read it yet. Now I want it off of there.

On the other end of the spectrum, we watched Hot Tub Time Machine the other night. Whack-o. Completely whack-o. I thought I was getting a little weary of the pranks when the end came and it was interesting. We laughed a lot. Good lines.

Comments

mom said…
The book is good; I am half way through " The Girl Who Played With Fire"; I ordered " The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest."
I did not you and Regis were such woosies. Not for reading before you go to bed however. Mom
Jill said…
The book isn't as intense as the movie except in one place toward the end when the killer is revealed, but it was a lot like some of the episodes of Criminal Minds, so I was able to figure out what to speed through and what to read more intentionally. I'm reading the second book too, Shirley, but you'll be on to #3 before I will, since I just am getting started. I didn't like the writing style for a while, then decided it was a very masculine style and figured out how to appreciate it more.

Teresa, I don't intend to watch the movie after your review and LaVonne's. She had the same opinion as you did.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff