later on sunday

Inception. Well, that was one odd as hell movie. I had no idea what was going on so I finally just took a nap. Regis and Joanne said they liked it but they even seemed a little confused about what was a dream and what was real. Like I said, it was like that philosophy class.

Now, Regis wants me to watch The Book of Eli with him. This is what IMDB says about it: A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind. This is almost everything I hate in one movie! Lots of brutal violence, a plot that can't really happen, dark and morbid themes, and scary guys with bad teeth who never bathe. Not much to redeem it, I'd say. After these two movies, I'm going to have to watch Sound of Music or Mary Poppins to counteract this nasty movie juju.

I tried to just work on my grocery list and write a blog post while not paying attention to this movie but there was some awful sounds and Regis made a face so I scooted out of there. Who needs that? Post-apocalypse: not my favorite movie genre.

I made quesadillas for dinner with the left over flank steak . Oh my they were delicious.

I went for a long walk this morning and found the coolest route. Not cool weather-wise because it was hotter than the hubs of hell outside...but cool in terms of the path. I went out by the River's Edge Hospital, then over to County Road 15. Along Nicollet Avenue, there are beautiful wide bike paths on both sides of the road that are asphalt. No traffic problems and no bumpy sidewalks. It was nice to notice the swallowtail butterflies, the small ginko trees along the boulevard, and the corn and beans. Everything looks so healthy with all the rain and heat we've had this summer.

Think I'll get up and do a few things before I go to bed.

Comments

Jill said…
I have read and heard that "Inception" is a movie understood (somehow) and loved by 30-somethings, but that makes no sense to people over 50, who therefore either hate it, or fall asleep in the middle of it (A nap was a good choice, Teresa!). We had contemplated going to see it last night but chose "Salt" instead. An unbelievable plot, lots of violence--gratuitous and otherwise--and wondering every few minutes if the spies were spies or counter spies, or double-counter spies.It was actually fun to watch and I only had to close my eyes a couple of times in anticipation of something gory. I'd see it again--worth the senior citizen ticket price! After your remarks about "Inception", I think we'll skip it.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff