random stuff

I got up at 4:10 this morning. Sort of an inhuman hour. I like early mornings but this is still night.

I took the coffee filter out of the pot and sprinkled coffee all over the clean floor. Then I tried to grind some beans and lifted the lid on the grinder too soon and sprayed coffee all over that part of the kitchen. Damn.

We ordered eight chickens from Mike the Mean Man. I hope we have room for them in the freezer. We may have to have a chicken extravaganza.

Deb and Larry are coming from AZ to visit on Saturday. We'll cook two chickens because you never know if people like light meat or dark meat. I have a recipe for roasted chicken (very simple) that we love. Those chickens will look great on the table. I think I'll go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday to complete the meal.

I woke up with a bit of a stiff neck and the general malaise.

We're having an easy dinner tonight which I'm looking forward to since I'm working today. We're having a big green salad of romaine, tomatoes, green onions, and peppers with a plate of different cheese from the cheese shop in LeSueur that calls itself Friendly Confines. I wonder where they came up with that. I can never remember it and usually call it the cheese shop.

I'm going to run this morning and try to shed the gray fog of malaise. I'll let you know how that goes.

Comments

Modern Man said…
From paragraph 3 of this morning's ruminations:
"We ordered eight chickens from Mike the Mean Man."
I thought he was a pretty nice guy.
Modern Man said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said…
Wasn't General Malaise a hero in the Franco-Prussian War? There was a lot of gray fog at that time, if I remember my history right.

I hope the fog lifted, my friend.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff