went to bed early for an attitude adjustment

At 6:30 last night, I announced that I was going to bed to read. Regis knew better. I cranked up the electric mattress pad, put on my warm pajamas, and crawled into bed with a magazine. I think I made it twenty minutes. I was afraid I would wake up at 10 and wonder what day it was but I slept right through until 4:00. A good night's sleep is so nice...and so rare anymore.

It's warmer today and that will help, too.

I wanted to welcome Jill and Larry back to solid ground. They've been on a cruise to the Panama Canal for two weeks, or on the Big Boat as Miles calls it. She's been posting pictures and stories on her blog and I love it. I'm not much of a traveler but I enjoy very much hearing about the travels of other folks.

I got a Christmas card from a high school friend who talks about a two week trip to Antarctica. Now that's a big trip, too. Penguins, polar bears, seals, lots of snow and cold. Except for the wildlife...a lot like here.

I have a traveling day at work again today. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can sit at my desk in one place all day with my little blinking snowman and Christmas tree on my desk. Yesterday I turned off the overhead light and sat in the dark for a while with only the desk lamp on. And Miles Davis. It was calming.

Here we go into the day.

Comments

Jill said…
Consider us welcomed--thank you! I will see if I can get a blog entry posted tonight about Cartagena, Colombia. You can see that I'm not writing much each time, so just enjoy the photos. I'm much better as a vicarious traveler, too. Next time.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff