quick stop between social events

As soon as I got home from school I took a 25 minute nap, then we headed down the street to Reggie's birthday celebration. He turns 33 on Monday. Amber put on a nice spread of vegetables, cheese and crackers, beans, and hot beef sandwiches. Dessert was a blizzard cake of which I did not partake but the reviews were good. Nice party.

We're home now for a brief respite, then we're heading across the street to the neighbor's house for a glass of wine and dessert. What a way to pass a Friday night.

It was a stressful week at work and I was not the least bit sorry to see it end.

We had a tiny bit more snow today...maybe an inch. Pretty but a nuisance.

I've been finding money in my pockets lately. Ten dollars in the pocket of a pair of jeans the other day and four one dollar bills in the pocket of my sweater today.

In my horoscope the other day, I read this: When you buy a ticket to the circus, don't be surprised by the clowns. But now I see that the signs of the zodiac have changed due to the wobble of the Earth. Or some such nonsense. Does that mean that now I should be surprised by the clowns?

Two days stretching out in front of us with not much on the agenda. What a way to pass a weekend.

Comments

Jill said…
Maybe you are supposed to go to the zoo instead. That whole zodiac change thing is peculiar!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff