bunny update but no pic

The bunny's ears appeared again yesterday, proving that the sun is strong this time of year even if it's colder than hell. (Regis took a picture which I will post later because I'm too lazy to get off the couch.) I don't know what the temperature was but the bar was full of people who started out crabby about the weather. After a glass of wine or beer, not so much. Vickie wore flip flops, a way of flipping off winter. Good for her.

We're celebrating Elliot's birthday today. I have two big beef roasts in the crock pot already and I'm making a spinach salad, cheesy potatoes, and cupcakes. I love birthdays. I have some work to do today to get the house ready for company but I enjoy the preparations.


We watched Pirate Radio the other night. I really enjoyed it. There was more drama in the end than I typically can appreciate in a movie and I would have been happier if I had known that the ship DID NOT go down and they DID NOT die. I don't like suspense in movies, I much prefer to know there is a happy ending.

I'm reading Let's Take the Long Way Home: A Memoir of Friendship by Gail Caldwell. I love it. It's about a friendship, dogs, 9-11, illness, and death. She has a lovely and lyrical way of writing about tough things. One of the best books I've read in a long time. I'm also reading The Road Home by Jim Harrison. I never give way (or even lend) Jim Harrison's books. They're part of my landscape and I like having them on the shelf by the bed. The characters are like people I have known my whole life.

I've forced myself to get rid of some books over my life. There would be too many if I kept them all and we would be buried in books. If I'm not emotionally attached to a book, it can go. Books by these three authors don't go: Louise Erdrich, Jim Harrison, Kent Haruf.

I'm going to the Pulse to exercise this morning. It's usually quiet for the first hour on Saturday. I like my exercise to be serene so it's a motivation to get there early.

More later. Happy Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff