the party what started out as jumpin' around

The title of this post is actually a blast from the past. A few years ago, I wrote a book in my dream and this was the title. I rarely dream, or I should say, I rarely remember my dreams. Regis has dreams where there is a well-developed plot and even sometimes a sub-plot. All the characters in his dreams have names of real people from his past. He had a dream once about Frannie Babenshack from kindergarten.

I had a dream the other night that we went to a fancy dress ball but everyone was wearing Nike sport shoes. That's it. That is the extent of my memory of this dream. Couldn't my sub-conscious have a little bit more of an imagination?

The weather was spectacular today. I had to do some driving around from school to school and it was warm in the car and almost too warm to wear a coat. Ah, spring. I checked out the bunny late this afternoon and the whole head is now exposed.

I went to an elementary school and entertained a funny little kid in a Spiderman hat with my phone picture of the Spiderman in the cupid costume taken at the costume place where Regis works. The kid was not really amused. I said, "Aren't you a fan of Spiderman?" "Not really," he said. Hmmmm. Mom got the hat at the thrift store or something.

My phone has this predictive spelling thing on it. I was typing something to Regis just now about a movie and I wanted to use the word mayhem. I was curious to see if swiftkey would recognize the word and finish it for me. Nope. Swiftkey has a limited vocabulary. It's like when something you type in an email, on the internet, doesn't recognize that internet is a word. It makes the squiggley red line under internet. Isn't that weird? Or is it just me? I've written about this before, haven't I? I'm obsessed with this phone feature, aren't I?

 I have a lot of favorite Gary Larson cartoons. This isn't one of them. I tried to find the one where two frogs are in a car at night. The caption says: "Watch out for that car, you idiot!...And now you're on the wrong side of the road. Criminy! You're driving like you've been pithed or something."

 This one of my favorites. The Floating Head of Death. I swear, you can find anything on the internet.

Somehow, the blue ray thing we have will play our Picasa pictures and our Facebook accounts. What the hell. Pictures that I have on my computer will play on the television. Amazing.

Comments

Jill said…
About your last paragraph: It's the same techno-mechanism that produces the Floating Head of Death. Or at least that's what I've been told. In a dream. The part of the dream I remember, that is. Ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff