happy anniversary to me

Regis called with a funny story about a new guy at the costume company. He's really tall and this morning, he stood up and whacked his head on a beam that runs over his desk. Regis said any other company he has worked for would have had a four hour safety meeting as a result and probably would have suspended operations until the issue was fixed. At the costume company, they say, "You all right, dude?" hahahaha. I said they could offer him a hat to cover the lump.

I stopped at home to pick up my lunch yesterday and to check on the status of the patio. Mike and Kathryn were outside so I ran over with a party invitation and with a vintage Cabbage Patch doll.

Kathryn loved the doll and said she had to think about what to name the new baby. As they were leaving, she told me that they were going to put a slack line in their back yard. I laughed. Her daddy is a comedian, magician, and he likes to walk on wires. A slack line is what wire artists use. So cute that she knew that.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my surgery. I've lost and maintained for two years, a 150+ weight loss. I'm not taking anything for granted, believe me, and will be vigilant and dedicated into the future, but for today, I want to celebrate all the things in my life that have changed with this journey along the WLS path.

I am working on a list of 100 reasons to celebrate.

So many things are different. I am physically stronger and healthier from all the exercise. It was hard to exercise before and I did not enjoy it. Now, it's something I do to be healthier and I can say I really do enjoy it. The half-marathon was joyous and a miracle but not an experience I intend to repeat, but I have registered for 5 shorter races this spring and summer.

I've worked hard on the mental parts of weight loss. I had a great therapist who helped me identify the issues surrounding my obesity and assisted me in crossing over to the thin way of living. I am mentally healthier and feel like the 150 pounds weighed down my spirit as well as my body. I have been liberated from all that weight in so many ways.

I feel like I fit in the world better. When I was morbidly obese, I always felt like I was too big for the space I was in. I felt like I was always bumping into things and I always uncomfortable.
  
Life is so good and I am so grateful that I had this chance to enjoy it this much.

Comments

Joanne said…
Happy Anniversary to you!!!! You have so many reasons to be proud of yourself, and the weight loss is only one of them. It may have been the catalyst to change, but it is the other changes you made along with losing the weight that has made your life so happy! Good for you!
Karen1 said…
Happy Anniversary!
You've worked so hard and done it with style and wit - something I really admire. It was good to catch up on your blog. I've been taking a break from my own mental health and am now getting back to it while there's still something to reclaim!
Talk to you soon,
Karen

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff