over all that blarney

I feel good today. Like I have passed over the hump and I'm on the downhill side. My wonderful mom called last night with lots of support and encouragement. Bless her heart. We had a glass of wine together...across the miles.

I went out this morning and cut a bouquet of daffodils for a friend of mine who had a wicked bad-ass week. There is always worse shit than the stuff you are wading through yourself.

I went to the Pulse this morning and it was much quieter than it was yesterday. Sometimes I can hardly stand the stimulation. I got on the treadmill with Crazy Heart on my iPod and read The Road Home while I walked a nice pace. Relaxing way to start the day.

It will be about my third time back and forth through The Road Home in the last two months. I started it on my Kindle, realized I had to buy it, read the paperback version at the same time I was continuing to read the Kindle version. Now I'm back to the beginning of the Kindle version. I love Jim Harrison's writing.

I have a meeting this morning but I'm timing my arrival at the school. Funny that I have been a teacher for more than 30...almost 40...years and I still hate busy hallways.

Regis bought himself an iPad. He loves gadgets and thinks this will be all that and more. He said I could play with it and he figures I will want one, but I have more electronic devices right now than I can manage sanely. Last year, I wanted one thing that would do all of this stuff. No such luck then. Now, it looks like an iPad have been it but now I have a Kindle and an Android phone and a laptop. Too much stuff.

The apple tree has tiny leaves on it. It's just waiting for a warm day to spring to life. I saw gold finches at the feeder this morning. Lots of perennials are coming up in the garden. These are hopeful signs.

On to Tuesday.

Comments

Jill said…
Maybe Regis can do a pilot study of whether an iPad can be all of those other things so a guy could get by with only one. Won't work for a phone though...or maybe it does by now!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff