moron day on the highway

So, I'm driving down Jefferson Avenue after school and some dude in a ratty-ass car pulls out in front of me without even slowing down at the stop sign. When he gets to the next intersection, he sees somebody he apparently knows because he hangs out the window waving and then makes a big old U-turn right in the middle of the street. I am driving down Washington Avenue veeerrry carefully because it is clearly Moron Day on the Highway when here comes this old guy driving in the parking lane like it's four-lane highway. He goes for about 8 blocks like this...through the Washington Grace intersection and right on down to Broadway.This is a city street, dude! I felt lucky to get home without incident.

I spent a brief period of time in productivity after I got home of which I am quite proud since my first inclination was a nap. I swept the kitchen floor, picked up all the coffee cups, hung up my clothes, and put away the random stuff that gets strewn about by the folks who come into our house when we're not here. Damn them.

I write a lot of good stuff in my head during the day but it never gets to cyber-paper because, well, frankly, I forget. I guess if I just sat in front of my computer waiting for the Muse, I would never have any of these interesting experiences...as you read about in the first two paragraphs.

Our yard needs to be mowed and the sticks need to picked up AGAIN. It's as bad as dirty dishes and laundry. Maybe I'll call that kid who raked for us. He could use the work.

I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning and I'm getting a little light-headed because of it. I might be back later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff