tomorrow comes at long last

Well, the old ticker is going to turn over to zero tomorrow. It's finally....drum roll....my last day. My family and friends and regular readers are probably breathing a huge sigh of relief. Oh, thank God. Rolling their eyes. Finally this period of dramatic and emotional self-flagellation can end. That's flagellation, not flatulence. Now, that's funny.

I tell you, retiring is hard on a guy. Hard on the liver and the head and the heart. Lots of parties. Lots of hugs and cards and congratulations. It's like I graduated from something.

Huge sigh of relief. My desk is clean. The list is there with everything crossed off. My office is empty save for a couple coffee cups and a plant.

Friday, I drag my office chair and a small box of stuff into my River Rock office. I won't take as much because I don't plan to be there for 36 years, but then again, you never know. I have longevity in my genes.

So, see you on the other side. Hope I have shared enough but not too much.

Comments

Jill said…
Big smile, Teresa!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff