barely past 6 a.m.

Gus is taking his first nap of the day under the bench. I'm drinking my second cup of coffee after having done the dishes. Regis is at the grocery store. I told him yesterday if we had small children, someone would call social services because we are out of everything...eggs, bread, peanut butter, and blue cheese. How can we survive? Thank God for kale.

I feel like I am half-way getting my head around my new job. Everything doesn't feel new anymore...at least I can find my way to the bathroom without a map. Ha!

Someone asked me one day if I would be sad when school started. I laughed. Regis reminded me that for more than fifty years, every fall meant going back to school. Yeah, I know. But I do not feel sad.

I feel delighted to have new things to think about and new things to work at and new problems...like where to get farm-fresh eggs instead of how to structure a professional learning community. The last egg guy I talked to was a dang hoot and really liked his chickens. I'd like to buy eggs from him because he's funny.

We have a menu full of grilling in the next few weeks. We love to grill in the summer but don't even attempt it in the winter because we are purists and use charcoal. Gas seems like cheating. You might as well move your oven out to the patio and call that grilling. Charcoal grills are hard to keep hot enough in the winter, too, which is the main reason.

Today I am taking some clothes to the consignment store. I wonder why men don't have consignment stores. Maybe they do in bigger cities or maybe men wear their clothes to tatters. My dad was not big on clothes. Every day of his life when he wasn't wearing a white dress shirt and tie, he was wearing khakis and a white t-shirt. He did not like variety in his wardrobe.

The little truck that takes stuff off your curb is coming today, too, but I'm not ready for that. I have a few things here and there and may be able to pull it together but then again, maybe not.

Well, here we go. Off into the day.


Comments

Jill said…
I had hoped to get a few bags or boxes ready for pickup today, too, Teresa. No such luck. Next time.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff