can i write about a weekend away on the blog?

I am very careful about not revealing personal information regarding my whereabouts on most social media but I think my blog readers are of the non-criminal mind and will not be making plans to break into my house and steal my valuables.

Regis and I are packing up the car and taking a road trip to Iowa this afternoon to see old friends in Mt. Vernon where I started my teaching career. Vickie is coming along because she wants to see the world's largest frying pan in Brandon, Iowa. And she loves road trips unlike yours truly who starts to get anxious days before the impending trip. I don't know why.

It's not that I don't enjoy being away from home...I just don't enjoy the getting there. I feel a sense of urgency to get there and then a sense of urgency to get home. No joy in the journey.

I don't know if this is a character flaw or just a characteristic. Some of my friends and family poke fun at me about it and encourage (more like berate) me to be different. I'm really not inclined because I don't see why it matters. I have gotten more comfortable with trips that are within, say, a three hour radius of home but they must be planned and not spontaneous. It's my compulsive side coming out, I know.

This is mostly a trip of four-lane highways which is more efficient but less interesting than a trip on the side roads. Apparently there is some huge garage sale this weekend along Highway 30 which interests me not in the least. Unless I can leave a bag of crap at each place. Ha! I am purging, not collecting.

There will be pictures and there will be stories, I am sure.

I am nervous about leaving work at noon today. Regis tells me that is ridiculous so I will let it go. Off to the weekend...

Comments

Jill said…
Have a great trip. I hope Vickie enjoys the sights and sounds of the Iowa countryside. Especially that big ol' frying pan!
Anonymous said…
You got good points there, so I always check your site, it seems that you are an expert in this field. keep up the fantastic work, My friend recommends your blog.

My blog:
rachat credit personnel www.rachatdecredit.net

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff