saturday i sit here


Gus and I woke up at 6:30 and went outside. He's a good dog. Now it's 8:30 and here we sit...same sofa we were sitting on two hours ago. A little bit has happened in the meantime but it's been minimal.

I am retired but I still have a job and one concession I have made is that I refuse to give in to the early rising and frantic pace life used to have. I wake when I feel like it most days and I wander out the door when I feel like it most days.

I'm getting dressed soon to go out and finish planting the hostas. The ground in most places was too dry and hard to plant much last night so I put the sprinkler on the garden and will resume today.

I'm leaving Regis in charge of the inside mess...dishes from last night and getting a chicken ready for dinner. We're going to ride our bikes down to Rock Bend later. Some years we have spent the entire day there...maybe not this year.

We're having the family over for a cook-out tomorrow so there is a lot to be done outside and inside. Busy weekend. I'm sure there will be pictures.

Moving on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff