a year in food pictures

We like to take pictures of the food we cook so Regis suggested that we do a year in food pictures. We figure it will be good motivation to learn something about food photography and good motivation to prepare interesting food because who wants to look at pictures of Campbell's chicken and stars soup every day, right?

Last night, we had flank steak seasoned with Penzey's Northwoods Fire and then broiled. It's much better on the grill but in February, what can you do about that? I love the flavor as you can tell by the finger-licking. We serve it with lots of grilled red peppers and onions, some shredded cheese, and a nice chipotle salsa.




We have these left-overs around for several days but I don't mind. We always run out of the peppers and onions before the meat.

Tonight I made mushrooms stuffed with Prairie Pride chorizo sausage and provolone. I added some minced onion, minced garlic, and the mushroom stems minced to the sausage mix. Cooked them under the broiler. I asked Regis to give them a score on a scale of 1-10 and he said 7. I think if I made them again, I'd put some hot peppers, maybe jalapenos, in there.



I have been strangely attracted to books about Russia this winter. It must be a subliminal message I'm getting through the internet. Regis had an ad on his Facebook page the other day that said this: Click here to see your Russian bride. It's taken me about 600 pages to find out that Catherine does indeed become the empress even though the book is called The Winter Palace: Catherine the Great. The journey has not been all that fascinating as those people in the 1700's lived pretty down and dirty lives. Even in the palace.

Regis went off to do some computer fixing tonight so Gus and I are solo. He did some crate practice and some sit/stay practice. Now, I'm going to read about the Russians and see if this tale of misery will ever end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff