busy end of the week

It's a good thing I've been busy because it sort of distracted me from the gray skies. It's easy to get the gloomies this time of year.

Thursday night, we had the ladies and gentlemen of the vignette writing class here for our last class and for some libations. We had a wonderful time reading and talking about writing. The party (or parts of it) went on until midnight which is a sign that a good time was had by all.

Yesterday afternoon, I went out to visit an organic farm that supplies a lot of vegetables for River Rock. Part of our marketing plan is to tell the stories of all the people who have participated in our business and East Henderson Farm is one. It was an amazing visit and I'm going to try to write about it on the River Rock blog this afternoon.


These are two of the goats...two of the four. They are named after the English queens Mary Catherine and Elizabeth. I also met a calf named Buddy, saw a 1942 Farmall tractor that is still in use, had coffee in a home made from a 1865 log cabin, saw a lovely flock of chickens in every color, and met two very nice farmers.

Last night, Tom and Betty came for chicken wings and wine. They just came back from Texas so had lots of stories to tell. It was grand to see them again. As usual, we ate too much, drank too much, and laughed a lot. Betty brought me a magic skirt from Texas that is reminiscent of a magic dress I made in the 70's. You can see how it works here. The ironic thing is that on my last trip to the thrift store, I bought one of these, not knowing all the magical properties of it. Just goes to show.

There are tiny snowflakes in the air that seem to be getting heavier. I wouldn't mind some snow. Driving on the gravel roads yesterday was awful. My car is filthy and I slid all over the place. I had forgotten how messy country roads can be in the spring.

Well, it's 10:30 and I haven't done a thing yet. Better get moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff