dinner pictures

This harkens back to the reason I started this blog in the first place. I called it Buns of Stone because Regis and I decided to do the community ed class that required us to walk 500 miles in a year. (That was when we thought we could lose weight by exercising.) We quickly figured out (like within a month) that if you missed two days, you were screwed because you had to walk a bazillion miles over the next three days. Bad decisions make good stories.

My intention was to post a photo of our dinner every night which I have not done and probably will not do. We like to take pictures of our food and do so frequently but I can't do it daily.

This is the grilled flank steak we made last night. It's surrounded by a little sea of grilled red peppers and onions. We have an IKEA cast iron grill for the vegetables that works like a charm but weighs about a hundred pounds. This is one of our favorite meals.


This is the meatloaf that George Stella on the food network calls beefed up meatloaf. It calls for prosciutto and provolone in the middle...and we use a spicy St. Louis Barbecue Sauce on the top. Regis said it was the best meatloaf he has ever eaten. Once I put hot peppers in the middle but it got a little too hot.


I have started about three books in the last week and abandoned them all. One was probably a very good book (Devil in the White City) and I liked the parts about the Chicago World's Fair, but I cannot read about psychopaths. I started another book called Fifty Shades of Gray. It's supposed to be the hottest thing on three continents. I read two chapters and thought it was so dumb I could not go any further. It supposedly contains erotica but I didn't get far enough to find any of that. It reminded me of The Bridges of Madison County. I started Amercian Dervish this morning but that bored me pretty fast and now I'm reading the biography (one of them) of Julia Child. I'm hard to please.

Yes, we eat a lot of beef. We like meat and we especially like beef. No apologies. We try to buy our meat from a farmer in the country who treats his cattle humanely and all of that. We tried to buy a share of a beef CSA but the market apparently won't support that. Whatever that means. 

So, no blog posts from me for a week and then all of a sudden three in one day. You just never know.

I had to go to work for a brief spell this evening. When I got home, Regis was watching some awful zombie show. I have a low, low tolerance for zombies. Too much blood. I skittered into the office and only came out when it was over.

I went to the Coop the other day and was musing in front of the mustard shelf. A fellow came along and recommended Lucky's mustard with habanero peppers and garlic. I bought some and now I can recommend it, too. It's made in North Mankato in some dude's garage. I guess everybody starts somewhere. Lucky has several varieties of mustard so Jill, you may have to try several!

I spent half the day on the phone calling for appointments for things I have neglected for weeks. Tomorrow my car gets cleaned...detailed, I guess they call it. Gus has a daycare appointment. I still have to call for a massage and to make the final arrangements for the wine trip. I need a secretary.

I had a latte when I was at the coffee shop so now I have to have a glass of wine to counter-act the effects of caffeine. It's no wonder I have insomnia. See #3 in the post called 23 Adult Truths.

I loathe daylight savings time. I remember the spring forward and fall back thing but I can never remember if daylight savings time is starting or ending. If you are awake at both ends of the day, does it really matter? You have the same amount of daylight, my friends. Anyway, half of my clocks, like the one in my car and the ones at the place where I exercise are stuck in what my Grandma Elsie called "sun time", whatever that means. So, I'm always in this weird time warp where I have no idea what the hell time it is. 

More tomorrow. I'm sure.

Comments

Jill said…
Thanks for the mustard tip, Teresa. Haha--"mustard tip" sounds like a cut of meat. I'm easily amused tonight-- slap-happy tired. Seriously, I think you know I LOVE mustard, so I will check it out while at the same time suppressing the thought of mustard being prepared in a garage somewhere!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff