spring burn-out

Yesterday. Worked at coffee shop from 6 a.m. to 7:30. Went home, worked liked crazy until 9:00, away all the party gear. Worked on coffee shop stuff until 11. Went back to coffee shop until 12:30. Came home and swept patio and sidewalk. Raked and bagged leaves and sticks from front yard and boulevard. Addressed birthday party invitations. Tried to nap. Failed at nap. Got up and sat on the patio again until time to make dinner.

As has happened in the past four to five years, when I stir up the leaves in the spring, every spore and mold and piece of dust for ten miles around go up my nose and do the tarantella on my cerebellum. It's unpleasant and creates a feeling like I have a giant Mason jar over my head. Everything is just a bit off and I hugely fatigued.

Too much. Too much work and not enough sleep. Insomnia sucks. Allergies suck. Starting over today.

I had a failed attempt to deliver a 6:45 a.m.birthday breakfast to a customer. Not starting out on the right foot. I came home and took a long nap. Much better.

Softly scrambled eggs help. And a sliced orange.

I should be more like Julia Child. I'm reading her biography and that was one tough dame.

Our street is being cleaned this week. This project must take the city months if they do all streets with the diligence with they are doing ours. It's nice to have the gravel swept up so I can start riding my bike to work again.


This is my favorite coffee drink. The minute I walk in the door, Josh starts constructing one. It's made with two shots of espresso and steamed milk. I love the art he makes in the milk. It makes me feel like I'm drinking something very special. The art stays until you reach the bottom of the cup. Don't get it in a to-go cup because that will keep the milk on the top and you'll drink the espresso first. You want it to mix a little as you drink. Haven't I learned a lot?

Better get to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff