spring and dirty windows

A spring late afternoon sun is coming in the west window. I love it. It makes me think of gardening and barbecue and Easter and lilacs. I worry about getting old and infirm. Does everybody worry about that or just me with my ridiculous fears? Spring helps you remember the possibilities and forget about the likelihood of bad shit in your life.

Regis and I went to Mankato and dropped the stuff off for Linda. He offered to take me to Encore, my favorite consignment shop. I went in dressed in my recent purchases....a red hat and a faux fur that cost me $11.25. I found some great spring clothes for a total less than $50. 

We went to Famous Dave's and had a beer and bought some ribs and chicken wings. We came home, put on some Reverend Raven, had another beer, and ate an early dinner. There was some finger-lickin' goin' on, believe me.

We're making birthday party plans. The invitations (revised) should be here this week and we'll get them out. We're making dinner for the Reverend Raven and his band in the afternoon so we talked about the perfection of the rib recipe, the construction of the new grill, and the other menu possibilities. 

We also checked on the Paw Pet Resort in Mankato. They do dog daycare for less than twenty dollars a day and it looks like something Gus would love. He's a social dog and loves people and other animals. This is unlike (UNLIKE) our previous pets who shunned other dogs and bit strange people. Gus will be staying there for a day or two over our birthday party.

Here is a strange observation. We saw today, many snow plows on the roads, plowing mostly dry roads. We had a steady snow but it mostly melted as it came down. There was no accumulation to speak of and what the hell were they plowing anyway? Especially in Blue Earth County where you can always tell when you've crossed over because the roads are terrible there....but today the plows were out in force. Regis and I talked about county government and county budgets and just WTF this means.We have no idea.

Well, on to Monday and the rest of the week. I have a daughter turning 27 in March and a son turning 25 in April. How did the time go by so fast? Regis says it's like a stair case to the middle of your life then it's a slippery slide to the end. Nice visual, eh?

Comments

Jill said…
Regis's visual hit me upside the head and made me forget what I was going to say about the snowplowing issue.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff