sunday and monday

There's something about a hot and windy day that makes me want to stay inside with the curtains closed and the lights off. I have been lounging in bed with the ceiling fan running while I read. Nice way to spend the morning.

Our friend, Emily, came for dinner last night. She brought everything and I didn't cook one thing, lazy me! She made pulled pork and polenta, a very pretty jello salad, and a vegetable plate. Regis worked on her computer and Emily read A Gravestone Made of Wheat aloud to me before we watched the movie Sweet Land.

Now, here it is Monday and I haven't made much progress...on anything.


These are the young people I work with at River Rock. Me, Jessica, Josh, Helena, and Phoebe. Helena and Phoebe graduated from GAC yesterday and they had a joint family gathering in the back room. I got to be the hostess! Exactly the kind of work I love.

By the time I got home, the ribs were almost done so we sat outside and relaxed. This is the sweet pepper salad that we love. Sliced peppers, black and green olives, and a balsamic dressing.



These are the ribs. Regis makes a white wine reduction to pour over them. Oh, my. Delicious.


As you can see....we love them.


I'm working on social media this morning. I wrote three blog posts for River Rock and have them on my calendar to post today, Wednesday, and Friday. Might even do one on Saturday. 

Regis took Gus to the dog park in Mankato. They go almost every day for a while. Gus loves it and I think it's the equivalent of the morning coffee group for Regis. Usually Gus needs a bath when he comes home, but even if he doesn't, he gets in the dry tub. It's just his habit. Funny dog. It's his first birthday on the 31st.

Off to do something more active. I've been sitting at the computer for a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff