technology and cranium explosion

I'm doing the social media marketing for the coffee shop so that means I have to learn more about social media than I ever thought possible for my old head to learn. I feel like my cranium is going to explode some days.

I like to write and have always loved having a blog (well, since 2006) and I enjoy Facebook. I've used Twitter for work and recently learned about Foursquare. That was about it. Two weeks ago, I went to a social media seminar and now here is a list of things I've been exploring:

  • Instagram will allow you to take pictures with your Android device and load them directly to Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr. Like Twitter, if you have an Instagram account, you can follow people and see all the photos they post.
  • Hootsuite is a way to integrate all of your social media: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and Wordpress, if you happen to have a Wordpress blog. You can schedule your posts, pictures, and videos to go out months ahead of now. It's kind of creepy. Where is it until then and who tells it to go when it's time?
  • Tumblr, near as I can tell...well, I couldn't tell so I looked at their about and it said:  Tumblr lets you effortlessly share anything. Post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos, from your browser, phone, desktop, email, or wherever you happen to be. You can customize everything, from colors, to your theme's HTML.  There you go. 
  • And I have a little Bloggie camera that looks like this and will take amazing pictures and videos and it's smaller than my phone. It has a USP thing so you can load photos and videos right into your computer and upload them to anything. Really?

It's amazing and creepy at the same time.

Just saw a photo on Facebook of a scantily clad young woman with a QR code pinned to her behind. Some dude was scanning it with his phone. I guess that's the point, right? 

Well, up and away into the day. Gus is looking for some attention and I have things to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff