a few tales


This was my list for Friday. I was checking it and crossing things off until 4 o'clock when I was finally done. Done getting dressed. Done paying for things. Done worrying about this or that. Done. I sat down to wait for the fun to start.

By six o'clock, the band was set up, the food was on the table, the cupcakes had been displayed, and the friends & family were beginning to gather.

Oh, my. What fun we had. We danced and sang and hugged everyone and we carried on until 1:30 a.m.

The next day, we drove out to Schmidt's meat market to buy big steaks for the grill. We stopped at the Chankaska Creek Winery for some cold beer and a glass of wine on the deck.

This is Monica and Ronnie, Dick, me, and Jane on the deck at the winery.


We came back to the house and continued the merriment. Great food, wine, stories, and laughing until we cried. 

This morning, more coffee, more stories...and Monica spiked my hair up! What a hoot!

This is my list for Sunday. Regis took Gus and Ella to the dog park. I laid in bed under the ceiling fan and read the paper, I made an egg bake, I did the dishes. Now I'm working on the second item: gather up our brains for the week.


It was so much fun. Regis said it's probably illegal in some southern states and maybe even a few midwestern ones to have as much fun as we had this weekend. What a way to celebrate 60 years.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff