Patriarch's Day 2012

Pictures are not in the proper order. I'm not sure how to fix that so we'll just roll with it. It was a good day but we weren't sure what the weather would do. About noon, there were gale force winds and sideways rain. Not good for grilling. Regis was confident that by the time we were ready, the weather would clear. And it did.


Since Regis is having knee surgery on June 26th and the 4th is barely a week later, we decided to celebrate the 4th of July on Father's Day.


It was a good spread. Thanks to everyone who helped in some way...and to those of you who showed up to eat.


Blueberry Corn Salad that I found on Pinterest. Regis proclaimed it the weirdest thing ever but I loved it. It has a lime vinaigrette, a few jalapenos, and cilantro. Nice bite.


Regis did a great job getting food pictures for me! I love to have pictures of the food. Emily said it's kind of like archiving the memories...like a scrapbook only digital.


Emily brought this great salad that she invented. Iceberg lettuce, mandarin oranges, almond slivers, candied nuts, and an Asian dressing. I love the combination of lettuce with fruit!


My baked beans. Deb, do you recognize the little bean pot? Maybe not from this angle, but it's one you sent me for my birthday some years ago.


Bob research a low-carb recipe and it was very sweet of him to do it. He made chicken roll-ups with bacon and ham and cheese. They were great!


Fresno potatoes. A riff on the hash brown cheesy potatoes. This one is made from Yukon Gold potatoes, bacon, cheese, and a sour cream white sauce.


A big old arugula salad, thanks to our CSA. I have grown to like arugula but it's spicier than regular salad greens.


I made the 4th of July pretzel rods for the kids. It was a labor intensive project with questionable results and a big mess. I won't be doing that again.


I love berry season. I think the strawberries are from California but I'm going to hit the farmer's market tomorrow and see if I can't score some local ones. The rest of the pictures are the barely controlled chaos of eating and taking a group photo. It was a wonderful time!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff