coming out of the versed fog


I had a couple of very good naps yesterday, then slept well last night. What a gift a good night's sleep can be. I woke up several times but when I tried to read, my eyes closed and I drifted back to sleep. Ah, so nice.

Versed is a good drug if you have to have a medical procedure but it seems to leave me foggy-headed. Of course, with my sleeping patterns this past week, it could be that, too.

King Karl and Queen Silvia of Sweden were in St. Peter yesterday. I don't recall all the official reasons for the trip but I am sorry to have missed the pomp. Ella attended with her elementary school class so I'm sure she'll give me the full report, although I think she will be as disappointed as I was that they were not wearing royal robes and crowns.

The forecast was for snow flurries this morning between 3 o'clock and 5 o'clock. I didn't stick my head out the door to to see if that transpired because I think there should be more than a week between sandals and winter boots. Truth is, I have been wearing boots and socks for a couple weeks now. I hate cold feet.

I'm actually thinking about not putting out all my Halloween stuff this year. It's a considerable amount and with Regis's surgery right in the middle of the month, I'm worried that suddenly it will be December 1st and we'll be sitting in a roomful of ghosts and witches. I'll probably succumb tomorrow when Peter is here to tote the bins out of the basement for me.

Gus and I just went to the back yard and there were no snow flurries.

The other day on a trip to the thrift store, I found a vintage red swing coat for $9. A few years ago, I was in a lather to find one and spent a lot of time on the internet looking. And here it was, right there. I'm not sure it's vintage. I asked the woman working there what vintage meant and she said, older than the young women doing the pricing. (I took it to be cleaned, Deb!) It will be a hoot to wear.

I've been vintage fur coat shopping on Etsy. I know, I know. I haven't bought anything but I've done a lot of reading and research.

Here's what vintage means, according to the interwebs: Vintage clothing is defined as previously-owned clothing, that with age, looks better and maintains style. Time is not the only criteria used to define vintage, but rather other elements such as enduring style, perceived quality and accrued value. Vintage clothing usually comes from a different era, but the definition should not be confined only in years.

I'm not sure all the stuff hanging on that rack fits this definition. I think polyester pull-over blouses are not examples of enduring style.

Moving on into the day. Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff