saturday in slow motion

Regis and I are slowly getting our wheels back on the tracks. We woke up this morning at 4, got up and drank coffee in the dark, then went back to sleep for an hour. It's a strange kind of timeless feeling.

The good news is that my sleeping patterns have been better knock on wood. No long periods of wakefulness for three days.

I think we're going to take Gus to the dog park for a while this morning. Regis is itching to get out and so is Gus. I can drive and Regis can park it on a bench. His butt...not the car.

I just ordered myself a new pair of boots. I have been so frugal with clothes lately that I decided I could splurge. Yesterday I washed my three favorite sweaters from the thrift and consignment stores. Two of them should have been hand washed but I'm not a believer in that monkey business so I tossed them in the washer on the delicate cycle.

One had red wine stains on the front from the time I apparently had suffered an unfortunate head-on collision with a glass of wine. It happens. I found a tip online: Mix a teaspoon of dish soap with a cup (about) of hydrogen peroxide. Squirt it on the stain. Ha! Amazing! I guess this works on carpet and upholstery stains, too, so if you're a red wine drinker, tuck this information in your memory bank.


Kind of a western look, right? I bet I can kick some serious ass in these boots.

Back to caring for the patient who is a rock star. He is showered, dressed, and sitting in his chair. No long periods of convalescence for this cat. He's on the move. Staples come out Wednesday and he'd like to be off the Percoset as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff