spending my time


This is how I like to spend my time. Sitting, drinking coffee, eating something little and tasty like a blueberry tart, riding my bike, watching traffic.

This will not be how I spend my time this week. This week my calendar is full. I don't even like to look at it now and there are some things I haven't written down. I wonder how I had time to work full time and keep up with my life before I retired. There must have been a lot of things I didn't do...or maybe I had more gumption.

We had such a nice Sunday yesterday. I put out the Halloween decorations (of which there are a ton), cleaned up the house a bit, bought a take and bake pizza, and our friend, Emily came over for dinner and a movie. Such a nice way to end the weekend and begin a busy week.

I slept fitfully last night. Awake until almost midnight, awake several times over the next few hours, awake at 5 am. I have decided to just put it out of my mind. There doesn't seem to be any fixing it and you can't really catch up on sleep so I'll just muddle along. Maybe my worry about not sleeping is contributing to my insomnia. Bummer.



Spending time. It's important how I decide to spend my time. Everybody gets a limited amount of time and I don't want to spend a lot of my allotment vacuuming spider webs in the basement or obsessing about the state of my lawn. That's trivial shit. I want to spend my time standing in the yard looking at the stars in the morning or drinking coffee and pondering my existence. Ha! 



Hey, that guy jumped out of the balloon and his eyes didn't explode. Hurray! Crazy stuff people do.

Regis had a dream the other night that involved Marlys, Vern, and their daughter Hermione. Where does he get this stuff? If he had been writing it down all along, we'd have the material for a book. A very strange book, but a book.

On to Monday. The week will be busy but I'll check in because this is where I collect my brain cells. I'll check in with a cup of coffee, a little bite to eat, and an open curtain so I can see the stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff