gentle morning

I slept until 8 o'clock then came out to the living room to have coffee with Regis. Big snowflakes are falling out the window. Gus is napping on the couch but sneaks into my chair every time I vacate for a moment We had friends over for dinner last night and I was too tired to clean up the mess so the table is full of dishes and wine glasses but I don't care. That can wait.


We had hoped to go out to see some live music tonight...an old people's set from 7-10...but in thinking about it more, we expect it to be crowded so probably won't try it. If by some miracle there are only two cars in front of Patrick's, then maybe.

Regis read that the threat of flu is waning but old people and those of us with compromised immune systems are still at risk. He says I shouldn't let down my guard. Dammit.

Today I will restore the kitchen to some order. I have the energy for that this morning. I'll take a walk in the fresh winter air, not going anywhere quickly...just shuffling along and breathing deeply. Then I might take a nap. Gus has the right idea.

Comments

Marie said…
t & r ... come to my office ... you'll be able to hear the music in great clarity in my bathroom ...
m

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff