every day is saturday


It was 32 degrees and raining sideways when we went out to the winery yesterday. The meadow is still snow covered and the patio is wet and cold. They open in two weeks so we hope the weather warms up a little, although I have a feeling their fans are tough and will come no matter the weather. We bottled and labeled Fox Run, a sweet red wine. Not my favorite but it's their best seller. We had a good time.

Somehow I got hooked into the Good Reads website this weekend and I have spent hours rating books and looking at my recommendations. It feels like I'm not wasting time sitting here when I'm looking at books. Right? It's been fun to remember books I read years ago like A Separate Peace and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It's a visceral process as I obviously don't remember the plot of every book I've ever read. Sometimes I don't remember the plot of the book I read last week.

My friend, Joanne, gave me a book made up of favorite book lists from book store employees across the country. It was fun reading and now I'm going to go back and check the ones I've read so I can make my own list.

If you live in the north, you understand the need for sunlight and warmth this time of year. After a long winter of very short days and very cold temperatures, we crave the sun. Making this prolonged winter weather more difficult to tolerate. It doesn't do any good to complain about it as you just start resenting it more. But holy crap. I shouldn't have to wear snow boots the end of April! We want to get out the patio furniture! We want to barbecue! We're tired of chili and stew! We're tired of wool socks and stocking caps!

Gus spent the day with his cousin, Ace, yesterday. Ace is a little Boston terrier and they get along great. When we drove into the driveway at the end of the day, Gus poked his big head out between the living room curtains...he knows the sound of our car.

I've had a very social week. We went out to dinner on Saturday evening with family, we met nice people at the winery yesterday, I had long phone conversations with my cousin Deb and my mom, and tomorrow night we're going out for dinner with friends, Bob and Richie. It helps with the winter malaise.

I lost a pair of eyelashes over the weekend. I took them off not in the usual place and by the next morning they had disappeared. When they aren't stuck to your eyes or to the packaging, they're fragile and small and apt to stick to other things. They could blow away with a pouf of air. Apparently, that's what happened to these.

Make it a good week. Be sure to put have fun on your list of things to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff