winter storm yogi

I'm not complaining about the weather even though it give me plenty of opportunity. The moisture is good and now I don't have to worry so much about wild fires this summer. Regis filled the bird feeders yesterday, put out extra peanuts for the squirrels, and put nesting materials in the suet feeder for the robins.

Karen, I wrote a comment to you after your comment in yesterday's post. Don't know if you look back so here it is: So glad you enjoyed the 25 random things about me! I appreciate your comments so much. The list was fun to do but harder than I thought it would be. I only got interested when a friend of mine wrote one and shared it. You know I like lists...here is an old one...a favorite of mine from the past:

I just talked to my mom on the phone. We're both sitting in our pajamas, drinking coffee, looking longingly out the window. We talked about our garden plans and buying flowers. She told me her sump pump is running for the first time in two years. That almost makes the wintery weather worth it.

We picked Elliot up from daycare yesterday and took him to Lone Star Barbecue for dinner where he ordered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. His cousins, Ella and Alex, came over to play for a while when we got home. They were all happy and they played so well making pretend food in the kitchen with a couple bowls and a hand mixer. Alex said he was making chocolate squirrels and gnome cake.

I suppose now that my chemo is ending, I will eventually run out of reason to be absent minded and flakey. Just to remind everyone who knows me: What is usually called chemo brain is the result of a trauma to the psyche from the cancer diagnosis, not to the actual chemicals. This could be just the way I am. The new me.

It's raining now...or sleeting. Hard to tell. It will be a day for beef stew, a good book, and a nap. How's that for ambitious plans?

Comments

tccomments2013 said…
dear teresa,

i will work on my list and send it to you; frankly i haven't an iota of an idea of HOW to send it. to say i am technically challenged is an understatement! am i being dense thinking that writing the list in your comment section would be a bit much? now you may regret even suggesting my making a list, and i wouldn't blame you one single bit.

love, XOXO,

karen, TC

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff