checking in and feeling lucky


Regis took this photo of Gus and me on the patio and then he artified it somehow. I like the effect. It looks like we were painted by Monet or one of those famous dudes.

When I was at the cancer center the other day, an older couple joined me at my table. The woman, wearing a wig, looked at my scarf and asked if I had brain cancer. No, I said, breast cancer. She said, oh, you're lucky, I have lung and brain cancer. Oh, my. There's a perspective for me. If you're going to get some bad shit, might as well be some bad shit they can be optimistic about.

Today is radiation treatment #18. I grouse a bit every morning and say I'm going to call in sick but of course, I don't. I trundle over there, wait with my beeper, and wander the halls in a blue gown. They give me a warm blanket and I close my eyes for the ten minutes or so that it takes to beam me up. Not so bad, all things considered.

The weather looks stormy again today. Betty and I stopped at the MVAC thrift store yesterday, then had lunch at the Boulder Tap. I hate all of their televisions but we had the most delicious pork carnitas tacos with chipotle mayo. I could ignore the televisions for a while to enjoy that meal again. Good and bad in everything.

My point about the weather was that we beat it home after lunch. We both craved a nap and we were nervous about storms. Living through a tornado makes a guy a little ticklish when it comes to black skies. We like to be home and have access to the basement.

Off to the Andreas Cancer Center. More later.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff