dear bruce in north dakota

Dear Bruce,
After I made disparaging remarks about the North Dakotans ability to make good pasta, you sent me this wonderful assortment of pasta and dumplings. I will be happy to prepare and sample each one and I can tell by the packaging and the marketing that this is a high quality product. (Dreamfields pasta is made from the finest durum wheat semolina to give you delicious old-world taste and al dente texture for your special pasta dishes. With Dreamfields you get the healthy advantage, making Dreamfields the perfect pasta for health conscious pasta lovers.)


I certainly appreciate your sensitivity to my remarks and your willingness to represent your state by changing my mind about Dreamfields pasta. I don't claim to hold much sway with the average pasta consumer but I do have a fairly far-reaching audience of readers and I'm sure they will take my endorsements to heart.

One more thing, Bruce. I'm pretty sure last time I was in your fair state, I had a glass of wine that I considered to be below par. I certainly would not want my readers to have the impression that's true of all North Dakota wines so if you'd like to try to change my mind on that one, samples would be eagerly accepted. 

I think I could spin this into a pretty good gig. Hahahaha!!!

Thanks for the pasta, Bruce. We'll enjoy it!


Gus looking dapper in the morning.


Gus takes a nap on my chair.


When a cardinal has a bad hair day.


Darby at her art show.


Evynne at her art show.

My cousin. Deb, is coming for a visit today. We always have fun!

Comments

grandma Saum said…
There must be something about North Dakota that I could complain about. And the next thing I know I would get a nice package in the mail from son Bruce.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff