my brief trip through the doldrums of life

I knew I would be fine later and I am.

I saw my oncologist this morning and he was, as usual, uplifting. He talked about things I could do to help prevent recurrence...limit wine, exercise my body and my brain, eat healthy. All good things to do. I'll see him again in a month to talk about removing my port and about the hormone I'll take for five years.

I hope I didn't alarm anyone (Sorry, Mom.) with my dismal attitude this morning. All is well. Here's my list of reasons to be happy:

  1. I'm getting some of the best medical care in the world.
  2. I have a sweet husband who takes me to so many appointments.
  3. I have a cozy bedroom where I can curl up with a book and take a nap.
  4. My garden is springing forth!
  5. Elliot is coming to see us this evening and we're going to pay a visit to Tom and Betty.
  6. My prognosis is very good.
  7. I have good friends and family sending me light and love.
  8. We have beautiful birds in our yard.
  9. My cousin, Deb, made a visit this week. She always makes me laugh.
  10. We have two beautiful blooming trees in the front yard.
  11. Our refrigerator is broken but Reggie came to help fix it. Thanks, kid!
  12. Catie is graduating from the U of M nursing program this afternoon.
Not a bad list for an old broad who was poised on the bridge this morning. Hahahaha! Not quite. I'm just a bit of a drama queen...but I do appreciate the support in my time of need. Thanks to everyone who wrote.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff