slugging rats in the gutter

My friend, Karen, calls what I went through one evening and morning this week slugging rats in the gutter. I love that. It's pretty descriptive of the crap that hits the fan but it also hints that it doesn't last forever and...mine didn't. If you are slugging rats in the gutter today, I hope they're few and slow.

We're doing our usual coffee drinking this morning, watching the birds and the sky. An ominous thunderstorm appeared on the horizon but seems to have wandered onto some other unsuspecting county.

We're thankful for all the rain we got yesterday. Maybe now I can stop worrying about wildfires. I haven't seen such a downpour in several years. We had more rain during the night, with thunder and lightening. I was going to work in the garden today but it's too muddy. Oh, darn.

The grass is making a glorious comeback after the past year's drought. I know this because there is a gas powered machine going every waking moment in our neighborhood. Not at our house as we like our grass long. We think of it as making oxygen.


Elliot came for a visit last night. We stopped at McDonald's, went to Tom and Betty's house, came back here to take a walk around the block, and sat on the patio. When we finally sat down on the swing, he said, "Nana, you forgot three things: a pillow, a blanket, and a snack." This picture is from St. Patrick's Day...you can tell by the lights on the tree. It's one of my favorite pictures of him because he's laughing himself silly. Nothing like a little kid laughing to lighten your heart.

I have a list of things I should do today but we'll see how that progresses. It's so tempting to sit and watch the orioles in the redbud tree.






There's my whoop ass for the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff