sunshine and shadows


I had to step outside in my pajamas this morning to take a picture of the sunshine and shadows. We have seen precious little of both lately. We're still experiencing thunderstorms, or at least the threat of them, so we appreciate the respite.

We're headed over to Eastridge in Mankato this morning for my PET scan. PET stands for positron emission tomography. A PET scan uses radiation, or nuclear medicine imaging, to produce 3-dimensional, color images of the functional processes within the human body. I'll get injected with some radioactive shit and shoved into a tiny tube where I have to lie completely still for an hour. I'm sure it will be a lovely time. Said no person ever.

Some of that stuff I took right off the internet so you could use it in a research paper if you wanted to...I am not usually so factual in my reportage. Meaning I exaggerate and dramatize for effect.

We have a flank steak we're going to cook on the grill tonight. It's one of my all-time favorite meals. We grill red peppers and onions with it, sometimes I make chipotle aioli and we have some wonderful mango salsa. A feast for the senses.

Here we go. I'll report back later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff