the circle of life

This week, my friend Cindy lost her mom. Emily, our daughter-in-law, lost her father. Today is the birthday of my youngest brother Steve who died in January. On July 17th, Jill and I both remembered...her mom died that day and my dad died that day in different years.

My nephew Caleb and his wife Kelsey are waiting for their baby girl to come into the world. A few weeks ago, Joanne and I went to visit Finnegan James, the new baby boy of Kris and Jen.

Lots of comings and goings in life. Ella and Alex like to think their grandpa is in heaven, cavorting around like a young man. Who knows. Maybe he is.

Well, it's noon and I'm still sitting here in my pajamas drinking coffee. I was somewhat productive, though, as I spent about an hour looking back through (and gathering) pictures of the women in my family. It occurred to me at the reunion this past weekend, that I have a long line of strong women who came before me and many who are coming after me. I'll do a better job of organizing and then will share them here.

I'm on my way out to the garden to finish weed pulling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff