cruising into fall

Regis and I have kind of a summer to autumn transition ennui. We're not unhappy, just a little lethargic. It takes more energy to start up the grill, prepare food to cook outside, do yard chores, water patio plants. 

Yeah, we must be getting mentally ready for meatloaf and cold weather. Ready to put the garden to bed, ready to sweep down the spider webs for the year, ready to trade out the lawn mower for the snow blower.

I'm ready for cooler weather...maybe not snow...but cooler weather. I hate hot weather clothes. I like sweaters and scarves and fall colors.

We're listening to KMSU this morning. It's the birthday of the Legendary Stardust Cowboy. Happy birthday, Ledge!

If you haven't heard of him: The Legendary Stardust Cowboy is an outsider performer who is considered one of the pioneers of the genre that came to be known as psychobilly in the 1960s. While sometimes considered a novelty artist, he regards himself a serious performer.


You can check him out on youtube. Paralyzed is my favorite song...and next is My Underwear Froze to the Clothesline. We always send him a birthday card and a Christmas card because he loves fan mail.

I didn't post a youtube video because this might not be your thing. We used to hear his songs on KMSU and when he came to town, I insisted we go just to see who else would be there. I could not imagine. Interesting that now we have developed a taste for it and always turn the radio up when they play one of his songs. He's a hoot.

I told myself I would get up and gt moving by 9 o'clock so I better think about moving on. I think I will go for a walk and stop at the coop for a few groceries. Our big trip is Monday but there are a few things I want to get before the weekend.

See ya. Later.

Comments

grandma Saum said…
Where is your big trip om=n Monday????
Teresa Saum said…
The HyVee in Mankato!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff