random thoughts


  • In an effort to be more mindful of our spending, I looked at my BCBS account online. Scary. From October 1, 2012 to the current date, I'm betting I had a $100,000 year. There were two days alone that topped $25,000. I had a grand total of 110 medical claims last year. I'm surprised they don't put a hit out on me.
  • The picture was taken last night. I was talking to my friend, Karen in NJ, and maybe I was too loud. Woodrow looks like he is plugging his ear. He loves this new bed, Betty!
  • We have been working hard to be a tiny bit more productive. Every morning we come in the office and look at our financials (not as complex as it sounds) and our calendar and then we make a list. A short list because we know that the longer the list, the less likely it is to be completed.
  • Last night, just when I turned the light off, Woodrow decided to play with the beads hanging from the edge of my lamp. He tipped the lamp over, got stuck inside, and dumped my water bottle all over the floor. He is getting more adventuresome. He loves to play in the back porch and runs out there the minute the door opens. He also wants to inspect (or eat) everything we eat. He has never had human food so I don't know if that's his curiosity...or what.
  • Regis and I are all scratched up from Woodrow's sharp claws. This morning, he let me trim them and God, those things were like needles. Regis had a doctor's appointment this morning and he was afraid they would think he was a cutter. Kind of a rare behavior in older men, but you never know.
  • I don't usually like fantasy in my reading. Wicked was an exception. I'm reading a book now that surprised me with time travel. I just can't do it. I'm about half-way through but I don't even care how it ends. Time travel...I call bullshit.
  • Regis sorted out the man drawer in the kitchen. I took everything out, wiped it clean, and put in the little baskets. He arranged them as he liked and now he knows what's in there.


  • On Thursday when the thrift store folks come, I'll take a picture of the stuff we are contributing. Such a good feeling to have some of that clutter gone.
Just now I thought of a couple other things I can bear to unload. Have a great weekend and make sure to put some fun things on your list of things to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff